Today we will tackle down and fix each problem by going to follow several steps just to take note that the procedure is only applicable to Mediatek powered Android phone, you can check who mobile chipsets do you have by using a CPU-Z application, give it a try on Google play. If your device has invalid IMEI, the symptoms are the following: No signal bar, whenever you dial *#06#, you will prompt an “Invalid IMEI” or “null“. If you want to restore your IMEI, read the guide below.
also read → How to root Android Phones without PC
- First download MTK Engineering mode in Google play.
- Open MTK engineering mode. Select MTK Settings
- From telephony tab, swipe right to show “Connectivity” tab. Under that tab choose “CDS Information>Radio Information“.
- Select the SIM you want to restore the IMEI.
- You will see two available text area from the top.
- Type AT+E, a dropdown will appear, For SIM1 select AT+EMGR=1,7,””
- Now enter your 15 digits IMEI number between these symbols “”. For exampleAT+EMGR=1,7,”123456789034575“. For some devices, you need to put space after AT+ command. it should be like this ET+ EMGR=1,7,”123456789034575“
- Now tap sends command. Wait for the process to finish.
- If you would like to restore IMEI on SIM2, reboot your device first.
- For SIM2 follow steps from 1 to 4, but this time select SIM2
- Type AT+EMGR=1,10, “15 digits IMEI number”
HOW TO FIX NVRAM ERROR
- Download and extract the file I uploaded here.
- Download any file explorer in Google play. Root browse and explorer are my preferred file explorer.
- Using file manager or explorer browse /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDEB folder.
- Copy the extracted file into that folder, replace if you have an existing file.
- Change the permission to rw-rw. If you have no idea on how to change the permission, check this topic on XDA forum.
- Don’t forget to reboot your device.