By default, digital driver signature enforcement is enabled, which means you cannot install any driver no matter how many times you try unless that is digitally signed by Microsoft. To disable this option follow the instruction below. But if you have Windows 7 follow this instruction here.
Install MT65xx USB Preloader Drivers in Windows 10 or 8.1
DISABLING DIGITAL DRIVER SIGNATURE
- From the main screen of your Windows PC type PC settings>Update and recovery>Recovery and click Restart Now button from the bottom of Advance Startup
- Your computer will automatically restart, upon booting you will see another menu before its complete boot into desktop.
- Click Troubleshoot and Advance Startup or Advance option > Startup Settings
- Your computer will restart again.
- After booting, a list of the option will prompt on your screen, there are 8 or 9 options. Look for disable driver signature enforcement and press F7
- Your computer will then reboot and we can finally install unsigned drivers.
INSTALL MT65xx USB PRELOADER DRIVER IN WINDOWS 8/8.1/10
First download the Mediatek MT65xx USB Preloader Driver. Most of the Mediatek devices are supported by this driver. Once you finish downloading, you may now proceed to the next step.
- Plug your device into the computer using USB cable
- Extract the downloaded drivers
- Open the folder where you extracted the driver
- There are two types of application available, dpinst & dpinst64 if you are running a 64bit operating system run the application with the word “64”, for windows 7 makes sure to run it as administrator.
- Follow the installation wizard, once the Windows Security prompt, just choose “Install this driver software anyway” don’t worry it doesn’t harm your computer.
- Once the installation has the finish, Restart your computer.
You can now flash using SP Flash tool. For any question feel free to comment, I will try to answer as soon as possible.